Monday, February 23, 2015

A long......long...Winter!

Oh my! It HAS been a long, long Winter....and thus a really long time since I wrote on my blog.
I have THOUGHT about it though....have to say that this Winter Season has been extremely taxing
and unusual in its persistence and frigidity, even for here.
I am not celebrated as a lover of Winter Sports...or any pastime involving a temperature that is not comfortable....but this has been a tough and ongoing stretch of.....waiting....just waiting for the weather to give it up! It feels like we are 'on hold'....so, what to do under the circumstances?
Well, best we stay 'POSITIVE' first of all....that helps...again, a test of our strengths and beliefs under duress.
So...since early in January I have been rolling out of bed each morning...diving into Yoga....every day...and walking ...if too cold outside I venture off to the Mall to walk with the many dedicated locals in the morning. I am not a lover of The Mall or consumerism, but the building has served its purpose on many a frigid morning! What a difference to my day!! I feel invigorated, centred....am able to focus and seem to have more time.
Mindfullness! Who knew?
I believe this is in part, due to the fact that I have committed to myself, given myself the time at the beginning of the day...regardless of pressing errands or situations...I give myself this first.
It totally changes my day, which, in turn, will change the quality of my life!
.....and pretty soon, we will be running short sleeved, into the Spring and much more opportunity to be good to ourselves, sharing many adventures and happenings....
Being mindful gently lays our path before us....clearly, without fanfare....a step at a time....

No comments:

Post a Comment