Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Growth and Creativity

Well...this is a very exciting moment for me....I am on my laptop (yes, I actually have one even though I am not computer savvy!)..and I am NOT in my home writing this! I feel very business-like!
I am downtown killing time before I go to the first of two night courses to learn to design (very simply I may add) my own Web. Feeling nervous but full of potential.
This has been a year of discovery and growth for me...and taking risks is a big part of that, also engaging in things that don't necessarily inspire me but may help me toward my vision of a life well lived, and well loved....Creating and supporting others in their Creativity.
I have taken small steps towards my dreams...dreams I have held onto tightly for almost 10 years (or maybe even longer)....I realised that the only way forward for me was to step into my fears, face them....and break down my dream into small increments....I can feel the pull...see the vision and am now more excited than I am afraid.....
Though I have been creating and selling my Art for 40 years
(wow...that long??) I have never considered myself to be in business. It is just so intrinsic to who I am I could not declare or assimilate this notion...until now.
There are so many possibilities for creative pursuit that it is distracting and mind-blowing...the joys endless, a privilege and a responsibility....I feel honoured and happy to have always had my Art.....if I had nothing else, I had my Art and the feeling it gave me that I could do anything and be anything if I could create it.
This year has been both, challenging in many ways, and an exciting adventure, as I push out and test the possibilities. I am excited by the potential to share my imagery in different modalities....to teach and facilitate bigger groups and Retreats, and am painting more than I have in a long time...welcoming every facet.
We are here to share our gifts, dream big and create community, and joy....whatever I can do in my capacity for positive growth for myself and to support others, I am excited and happy to undertake and share.
If we can all discover and follow our Passions even in a small way, it will ripple out and make a difference.....What a great world this will be...get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment