Tuesday, April 15, 2014

 
The last few weeks each time I came to the canvas after the layers and the excavating ....and a feeling that if I just kept delving deeper....something more would show itself....I would not settle for the first, second or even third possiblity.....keep going....
.......I unearthed a Goddess...or two....they just kept showing up....and I eventually 'allowed' her expression over and over....it is many years since I gathered a series of Goddesses through my painting process....and often I resist...even as they persist....
this time, however, I felt it was ok....part of my process of personal growth, and now as I prepare to exhibit in probably my only art show this year (at Covernotes Coffee House in Richmond Hill) through the month of May....I discover to my surprise, that all but 2 paintings are Feminine expression....think that could be related to my short, short hair...(the Goddess above has such fabulous long red hair!!)..and my personal feelings about Femininity as I work through the process of letting go of my hair.....
I love this process...Creativity....and am so privileged to be able to allow my expression through it.... as a Teacher(encourager!!) I endeavour to support others to feel safe enough to connect intuitively and 'allow' true expression...no fear...no judgement......a courageous stance and very empowering at the same time.....
As a ''Creator'' in any area of activity...set the stage for safety and support.....and truth....and get out of your own way.....Trust the mystery!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment