Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Getting ready now for my solo art show at the McKay Gallery coming up in September....pic taken last year outside this beautiful gallery on Main Street Unionville...always a wonderful, inspiring space to show in...
and chance for me to relax, knit, drink coffee, read.....and chat with whoever comes through the door over the five days that I show there.....
My show runs from Sept 25-29 (i will be there every day).....the week prior (Sept 18-22) is Katja Van Den Endens solo....bound to be amazing, having seen a couple of 'samples' of her more recent work.....can't wait....meanwhile,
...... am doing all the little jobs you tend to leave till last minute....varnishing, hanging wires, labels,signing, titles....statement....and of course all the 'bumpf' for the show...posters, postcards etc....i'm always excited when I see the poster made up finally....i know it's happening...it's so satisfying when the show is hung....and you stand back to survey the work you've put in(and the joy)....over previous months, to bring it all together....i never plan it...just paint when and how i feel and it just flows as it should....
....it is a quirky experience showing your art...being compelled as you are to paint in the first place, then to show.....can't be explained really....a need to share and connect with others from your heart....in the hope that someone resonates....'gets you'...the best feeling ever....i go through many emotions to produce my art...and I gladly own all of them as part of my process....and my existence...my creative response to being in the world....
hope to see you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment